- Right now I'm going through a Sif/Loki from Thor
phase. Luckily cobweb_diamond
is also feeling these feelings (THERE ARE SO MANY) and I have been able to piggyback on her fandom adventures. Here is a handy dandy ship manifesto
she put together.
- I tried out Pan Am
for four episodes but it's just not good. Dropped.
- I marathoned Once Upon A Time
a couple of weeks ago and was charmed but it's not very good either. It's just too Disney. I'll give it a couple more episodes, though.
- I am watching and sometimes enjoying Hart of Dixie
without shame (I am a duck and your judgement is the rain). I really think it would be a better show if Rachel Bilson banged her hot redneck neighbour instead of pining for nice lawyer guy who is engaged.
- Shows I am watching out of habit: The Office
and How I Met Your Mother
. The former is close to being dropped.
- I really enjoy Revenge
but I don't care about any of the characters. It's a weird new experience for me because normally I find at least one character to invest in but here there is no emotional involvement on my part. I mean, I guess I like Nolan best but I probably wouldn't if he didn't dress as he does. Thing I am excited about: ( Spoilers )
- The Dan and Blair Show
is apparently coming back this week!
- If you're looking for a hilarious half-hour British comedy, may I recommend Spy
? It stars a bunch of awesome people (including Mat Baynton from Horrible Histories
!) in the story of a single dad who is unwittingly recruited into MI:6 but cannot win the approval of his Machiavellian nine year old son (for real, his kid is amazing. Normally I hate precocious kids but Marcus is a little shit who reads George W. Bush biographies and wants to head the IMF. I love him.).
- I have tried Ricky Gervais's new show. Was not impressed but I'll give it the series.
- For my fill of drama The Good Wife
has been kicking ass and taking names, Being Erica
has had issues but is still wonderful, and Homeland
has been rocking my socks off. Claire Danes and Damian Lewis for all the awards.
- Yes, Dan Harmon, you are really clever but your constant need to point out how clever you are (and also - always - the way you have turned Britta into the buttmonkey) is disrupting my enjoyment of Community
is amazing. I don't miss Nathan at all.
- But in conclusion: Parks and Rec
is the best! I would like to go on the record and state how much I love it.